Michael Douglas to receive AFI Life Achievement Award

For the first time in the history of the American Film Institute's Life Achievement Awards, a previous recipient -- Kirk Douglas, the 19th achievement award winner -- was on hand to see the honor passed on to his son, Michael Douglas, the 37th recipient.

"Fatal Attraction," "The China Syndrome," and "The War of the Roses" are just a few films on his impressive resume. Add in "Traffic," "Wall Street," "Romancing the Stone," "The Jewel of the Nile" and "Basic Instinct" and it doesn't take long to realize how Douglas has endured the test of time.

"I like my batting average," said Douglas at the AFI gala. "I've got a good batting average. I've done a lot of pictures and I'm proud of most of them."

Some of Douglas's leading ladies walked the red carpet, including his Oscar-winning wife, Catherine Zeta-Jones.

"And I think he has just that 'je ne sais quoi,' you know, that 'it' factor, I think," said Zeta-Jones. "And it's been lasting a long time -- and he's still got it!"

"One of the things I get a little emotional about is that my father and my mother can be here, you know, to see this tonight," said Douglas.

AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute To Michael Douglas



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tami Farrell Is The New Miss California!!!

Rihanna's Hot Picture.....

Cyrus announces first UK gig tour.